- Free Delivery over £50
- Exclusive Products
- Secure Checkout
- Award Winning Ciders
These mince pies are Christmas in a mouthful, especially when paired with my Cloudy Vintage cider. All the fruit flavours compliment each other perfectly and when you top them with a dollop of cream, well you won’t be able to stop at one I can tell you!
Approx 24 small mince pies.
What you’ll need
- Ready-made pastry shortcrust pastry
- 200ml Henry Westons Cloudy Vintage Cider
- 1 large Bramley apple (or 2 small) peeled and cubed
- 175g dates
- 200g sultanas
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 100g plain flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g butter
- 100g oats
- 30g blanched and roughly chopped almonds
- Start by making the crumble topping. Add equal amounts of plain flour, brown sugar, butter, and oats into a bowl, stir in the chopped almonds and rub together with your fingers until the ingredients start to come together.
- Next, the mincemeat. Add the diced apple, dates, sultanas, orange zest, and spice into a saucepan and pour in 200ml Cloudy Cider. Gently simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until all the delicious bittersweet apple liquid has been absorbed.
- Leave the mixture to cool whilst you roll out the pastry and cut it into circles. Place the pastry circles into a mince pie tray and fill with the scrumptious cider and apple mincemeat, and top with a good sprinkle of crumble.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes until the crumble and pastry edge starts to turn golden. Remove and leave to cool before dusting with icing sugar.
Are you of legal drinking age in the country you live in?