Pot roasted free range pork in cider
Traditional British pork roast with a traditional English cider.
For the pork
- 1.5-2kg 3-4lbs pork loin, boned and rolled
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 300ml / 10fl oz Wyld Wood Organic Cider
- 1 onion and carrot freshly chopped
- Few springs of fresh thyme
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c / 400°f / Gas Mk 6.
- Score the fat in a criss-cross pattern with a knife, season and cook the pork in a roasting tray, fat side up, for 30 minutes. Turn the pork over and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 170°c / 325°f / Gs Mk 3, and add the vegetables and thyme to the meat and return to the oven.
- Spoon some cider over the meat every so often until it’s all used, draining away any excess fat during cooking.
- Cook fat side up for the last 45 minutes
Back to Recipes